Wednesday 7 October 2015

Blogs to Watch Out For


This past week I've really enjoyed sitting down for half an hour each night with my green tea and reading some blog posts. It baffles me that even with the sheer number of bloggers out there, we manage to show such individuality with our pieces! I thought that since I didn't have anything that exciting queued up I'd do a post all about my favourite bloggers right now, so that hopefully you find some new reading material and I draw attention to some really amazing people!

1. Hannah Gale (Visit the blog here)
I LOVE this blog! I'm fascinated by 'list' posts lately, I think reading a long list of ideas or life lessons or funny anecdotes is so relaxing. I've always been the girl with millions of To-Do-List notebooks, so a blog that incorporates all of that into well written posts accompanied by pretty photography absolutely had to make it onto this list. There's something so refreshing about a blogger that tells you how it is, and doesn't sugar-coat everything so it appears picture perfect. Also, her new kitten Granger is totally adorbs. 

2. Salt and Chic (Check it out at this link)
You know the type of blog that just has it all? The type of blog that makes you feel really glad that you stumbled across the whole community? Yep, I've found it. I love to read posts that make me think, and Amy's recent post on social media was equal parts shocking and fascinating - similar to an issue I raised in a post earlier this year, I think the whole debate is super interesting and should be discussed more. Please go read that post, and whilst you're at it read everything else!

3. Corrie at Dizzybrunette 3 (which you can view here)
Corrie's blog is one of my all time favourites, and one of the first blogs I ever started to read. Her posts are addictive, because she's truly found her 'voice' in blogging and the photography is always on point. Despite the fact that Corrie is one of the bloggers with a larger number of viewers, she never acts superior or better that anyone else, and I think that's so important and an admirable quality. Her dog is the cutest ever, and the engagement video might just make you shed a tear - if you haven't seen Dizzybrunette3 then you 100% need to re-evaluate your life choices and click that link, you won't regret it I promise!

4. Dorkface (you know the drill, click this link!)
Let me start by saying how genuinely nice Jemma is; I met her briefly at a meet up not too long ago and she just seemed so lovely! Her blog is quirky and unique with the bright colours and anecdotes, and she just won two awards for it all - congrats again Jemma! Her etsy business is so impressive, and if I wasn't the poorest I've ever been ever, I know I'd be popping over to spend some $$$. I honestly think that this blog has something for everyone, so it's worth having a read to see if it floats your boat (I can guarantee it will).

I hope you enjoy these wonderful blogs, and never forget to share the blogging love, because we sisters have to lift each other right on up! (Literally can't believe how many exclamation points I just used, it must be some sort of record).

Stay beautiful!
Emily xoxo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This is such a great post! I love Salt and Chic and found Amy's post on social media so interesting but shocking as well, will have to check out your other blogger picks :) xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I agree, it was an incredibly thought provoking post!

      Delete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig