Saturday 24 October 2015

Vlogpost #1

 
Hey guys! So today I wanted to start a new series of posts. I'm a huge fan of vlog channels on Youtube, but since I'm too awkward and shy to ever film myself in my bedroom, never mind out in the big wide world, I thought I'd start doing 'Vlogs' without videos! (Basically some snapshots of my day, so you can see what I got up to.) If this doesn't go down well, then, like with any type of post, I won't continue the series - tell me whatcha think!
 
 
Today I started out with a 11am appointment to get my helix pierced. Well, actually it was just to get another lobe piercing, but when it came down to it I bit the bullet and got what I was really afraid of getting, but also have desperately wanted for AGES. I was worried about getting cartilage pierced due to horror stories and extra pain - it turns out it hurts no more than a lobe piercing if you're wondering. I'm super happy with the result and although I know piercings aren't everyone's cup of tea (*cough* my family, *cough*), I think it adds to my style and how I express myself. I might do a blog post on piercing care and tips, I've had some tough experiences regarding aftercare, and I think it might be wise to share the wisdom!

 
 
We (H and I) had about an hour to kill before our lunch, so we did a bit of shopping; LOOK AT THIS MUG. Clueless is one of my all time favourites, accompanied by Beauty and the Beast, Love Actually, About Time and Dirty Dancing. I was pretty darn excited when I found this, at a steal for £2.99. Eugh, as IF. 
 
 
I'm one of those people that never thinks a photo of a bowl of pasta looks appetising, but I put it in anyway because this is very possibly the best bowl of pasta I've ever eaten. It's my guilty pleasure, and I get it every time I visit Prezzo - the Chicken Ravioli. Order this next time, you won't regret anything!
 
 
I didn't really know how to capture the rest of my day in photography to be honest, it's a pretty difficult task. I went to work for a miniscule 2 hour shift and sorted through a ton of new pyjama sets, that looked extremely cosy but in actual fact just succeeded in making me feel colder. After that I cozied down underneath my duvet and watched Christmas films with Harry for the rest of the night.
 
In the aftermath of what seemed like a brilliant post idea at the time, I find myself wondering if this is just a boring old ramble, the subject of which you couldn't care less *cry laughing emoji*
 
What do you think? Is it interesting to see someone else's day to day life?
What have you been up to today?
Emily xo
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I'm exactly the same as you! I got my helix pierced back in September and I'd wanted it for literally years. But because my family (well my mum) hate piercings I never got it done. But I love it! Mine hurt quite a bit but that's probably because I got a hoop so there was a bit of faffing around with getting it in haha X
    http://lifeaccordingtolili.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I love this style of post, just saying! Xx

      Delete
    2. I love my piercing now that its stopped hurting! (Except at night when I accidentally lie on it, OW) I was tempted by a hoop but it was £10 more so I thought best not hahaha :)

      Delete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig