Sunday 29 November 2015

The 25 Best Things About the Festive Season

 
By the time this goes up it'll be the 29th - which means December is nearly upon us! I'm particularly infatuated by list posts at the moment, so I thought I'd try another one and bring you the 25 best things about the festive season. We all (well, a good proportion of us) love it, so why not let the excitement build by listing all of the reasons to dance around the living room in your jammies - because whether we like it or not, Christmas is well and truly on its way!

  1. The chocolate aisle at Tesco. The tubes of Rolos, Smarties and Haribo created to fill stockings with (or lets face it, buy in bulk and eat before, after, and during the big day.)
  2. Christmas jumper day. I'm pretty sure its the 17th this year, but whatever day it is, I'm ready for it. Ready to be decked out in my gingerbread man jumper, with some Christmas tree earrings to spice it up.
  3. Micheal Buble; Nuff said.
  4. Tis the season to be sparkly. Sparkles are my favourite thing, whether its a gold eyeshadow, some tinsel from the tree, or edible glitter from some festive cupcakes.
  5. The 'Elf Yourself' app. Oh my days it is hilarious - and its free!
  6. New pyjamas on Christmas Eve, the fleecier and more ridiculous the better. Nothing feels nicer than snuggling on the sofa in your brand new pjs, waiting until a sensible hour to go to bed and let Santa come.
  7. Crisp winter mornings, and wrapping up tight in a cosy snood to brace the chilly weather.
  8. Peppermint in everything, am I right or am I right? Peppermint mochas, hot chocolates, candles - the possibilities are endless.
  9. Sneaking my kitty cat a slice of turkey underneath the table at dinner time. And hearing his happy little mew when I do.
  10. Advent calendars! This year I've got Mars and Benefit. I know the jury is out on beauty advent calendars and whether they're worth the cash, but I honestly think it's so exciting to get a new beauty treat every morning.
  11. All of the family coming together from wherever they happen to be, and just enjoying each others company. Nothing brings everyone together like the festive season, and as a family gal, it makes me feel all fuzzy to see all my favourite people in the same place at once.
  12. Mashed potatoes, gravy and stuffing.
  13. Secret Santa - but does it really ever stay secret?
  14. My Mum's contribution to this list: bowls of chocolates and nuts on the living room table. I have to admit, when the dish of quality streets gets introduced, my heart does a happy flutter.
  15. Getting slightly tipsy from too many Snowball cocktails (advocaat and lemonade). They're so good. I'm literally getting excited about these cocktails whilst writing this, they're that good.
  16. Driving past the homes of the over-achievers, who've gone the whole hog and covered every spare inch of space with fairy lights and inflatable Santas, just so we'll go past and be all "Ooooo" "aaaaaah".
  17. Being single and laughing at everyone else stressing over price limits and what shade of blue a mens T-shirt looks better in. Is Brian a Hollister kind of guy? Is Steve an Xbox or Ps4 dude? Who the heck knows.
  18. Alternatively, being in a relationship and knowing exactly who you'll pick to share a Starbucks 2for1 deal with.
  19. Christmas cards with punny greetings, because they'll never ever get old.
  20. Waking up at 7am and finding a stocking filled with goodies next to your door (this is interchangeable with whatever your traditions are). We can pretend we're selfless and don't care about the gifts, but we all know that a new eye palette or lipstick under the tree gets us giddy!
  21. Getting old home movies out and watching the tales of Christmas past. I do this every year with my sister, and laugh at our haircuts and how times have changed.
  22. The after-dinner lull in energy, when everybody is too full to do anything but slob out on the couch, recovering from a food coma and falling asleep to the sounds of a Disney film.
  23. Mugs and mugs of hot chocolate bliss. Life hack: dip a candy cane into your hot drink and let it melt *heart emoji*
  24. Reading all the festive blog posts and sharing excitement with bloggers on Twitter during chats. Exchanging wishlists, going to events - all of the general blogger buzz!
  25. Feeling thankful for every smidge of festive (and non festive) happiness.
What's your favourite thing about the festive period? Make sure to enter my Christmas giveaway here!
Emily xoxo
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I frickin loved this post!! It made me feel so Christmassy as well as warm and fuzzy.
    I can't pin point on thing you listed because they're all SO accurate haha, brilliant!

    My favourite thing about the festive season is probably the Christmas markets, they remind me of when I was younger as they're so traditional. x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Kat! I LOVE Christmas markets, so must festivity in one place!
      Em xo

      Delete
  2. What can I say number 12 is so correct and sums up Christmas, who doesn't love mash potato well that and 20!! Loved this chritsmassy post!!

    Mine is probably the festive food and scenery!!

    I'm currently hosting a Lush Giveaway that ends tonight at 11pm check out my blog for more details: http://theperksofbeingpastelpink.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/another-trip-to-lush-mini-giveaway.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much - I agree about the food thing, its definitely up there with the best parts of Christmas :)

      Delete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig