Sunday 24 April 2016

Blogging Goals 2016 (April Review)

 

Hi Guys!
I thought I would do a goal review, since we're pretty much a third of the way through the year (I know, what the heck) and I do generally feel like I've made a lot of progress with my blog in the past few months. I've invested more time in making my content appealing and true to myself, and tried a lot to improve the quality of my photographs. There were some specific goals I made in January, so I wanted to review how I am getting on.

1. Buy a domain name
I can't believe I actually have my own domain now; its improved my blogging confidence a ton! My friend kindly bought my first year of domain for me for my eighteenth and it was honestly one of the most thoughtful gifts I received (Thanks Phil!) Completed.

2. Reach 500 followers on Bloglovin'
I knew this would be tough when I set the goal, but I'm growing my audience at a rate that I'm pleased with. At the end of January I had 274 followers, and since then its grown to 339, a figure that I'm proud of. I appreciate every follow I get, and do a happy dance every time. If you want to help me out with this goal, click here and follow! Work in Progress.

3. Take part in at least two twitter chats every week
For the most part, I do feel like I've been achieving this (aside from this week, its been so hectic with college work). One thing I do need to do is be more active on social media, which is something I struggle to have time to do, but for now I'm satisfied to be taking part in more chats. Completed.

4. Keep up my post routine
I'm so proud of this one - posting twice a week on top of a job and college work is crazy difficult. People that post every day deserve multiple awards; I don't know how you do it! Up until now its been relatively plain sailing, but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to hold this schedule right through my exams. Fingers crossed! Complete (for now).

5. Attend another event
So far this one hasn't been completed, but I'm going to #NWMeet next weekend and then in May I'm headed to the Liverpool Bloggers Ball, which sounds so intriguing. I'm nervous to meet new people, but know that since I've already done it once, I can do it again. Bring it on - I'm so excited! Almost complete.

6. Begin to research monetising possibilities
I won't even pretend that I've started trying to do this; it seems big and scary and I just keep putting it off. Maybe in the Summer I'll eventually tackle this one. Not complete.

7. Use Tweetdeck more
Eugh, I hate tweetdeck. It doesn't work for me and always glitches, so I've moved over the Buffer where I do schedule a good few tweets now and then. This goal is a weird one - how do you know if you've completed something like this? The fact that I even schedule a tiny bit is an improvement though, so I think a little pat on the back is in order. Kind of complete? IDK.

8. Don't beat myself up if things don't go to plan
I 100% still need to work on this. I'm such a perfectionist, and I think I push myself too hard sometimes to get content out so I don't feel like I've let people down. It's hard not to put blame on yourself when things don't go the way you want, but I'll keep working on it. Need to work on it.

9. Find more interesting backgrounds for OOTDs
This one is difficult to analyse since I haven't been doing fashion posts lately; I've got a bug for beauty blogging, and I think I'll stick with that for quite some time. It isn't true to say I haven't completed this, because its (for now) no longer relevant. I have however, found more varied backgrounds for my photos and flat lays in general, so I'll check this one off on my list because I've been pushing myself to improve backgrounds, regardless of whether they are for fashion posts or not. Complete.

10. Keep organised.
Okay confession. I haven't been using my Bloggers Planner as much as I should. I've loved used my whiteboard and markers to organise myself these past few months though, and it's been working out well for organisation and time management. I do want to get back into using my planner, so lets call this one a work in progress.

Overall, I'm happy with my progress this year so far, and it's lovely to be so dedicated to something that isn't my schoolwork. How are your goals for the year going?

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Wow you're doing amazingly with your goals for this year! I didn't really set any but one thing I did change is I got rid of my blogging schedule, I now blog whenever I feel like it and it's improved my stats a lot.
    Also I had no idea you were going to #NWMeet, I wish I could go! x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting, well done on making so much progress! I haven't set myself any blog goals yet. I just have a few vague ideas of things I want to do, like going self-hosted.

    www.wordsbynina.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea of looking back at goals and seeing how you're doing, congrats on the domain name! That's definitely something I want to do in the future X

    Eleanorclaudie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig