Monday 3 October 2016

October Lip Library

 
Happy annual Mean Girls day!
 
It's finally October, and I'm fully ready to immerse myself into Autumn, berry tones and hot chocolate by the bucket load (although lets by honest, that happens all year round.) Beauty-wise, I gravitate towards bolder lips during the colder months, as opposed to tinted lip balms and glosses throughout the Summer. I thought I'd start a new series on the blog; monthly lip libraries, starting with one of the most exciting make up months of all.
 
The lightest shade that I'm going to be wearing non-stop this month is 'Mehr' by MAC, which was the first ever shade that I purchased and obviously therefore one of my all time favourites. Its a deep dirty rose shade, a pink nude that's dark enough to qualify as a bold October lip. I don't think I could ever create a lip collection that doesn't include a MAC lipstick, it just wouldn't be right.
 

The second shade is the ever beautiful 'Snapdragon' that I bought last month and reviewed for you guys, my first splurge from Jouer and the perfect lip colour to stand out at a party. I feel like this would be a gorgeous colour to wear during Halloween weekend, since the metallic finish makes it look just that bit more unusual.  This is definitely up there with one of the best formulas for a liquid lipstick; a comfortable product that doesn't dry out your lips in the slightest.

 
For some reason I've drifted apart from the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams - at the time when they were in the spotlight I bought a ton of them and wore them constantly, but nowadays I only reach for them now and again. One of the shades that I've only worn a couple of times is 'Prague', a deep pink shade that I'm bringing out in October to fully get my wear out of it. You know those days where its cold but there's definitely some sunshine so a dark berry lip seems overkill? That's when I'll be reaching for this shade.
 
A surprisingly amazing product that I can't wait to wear this month is the plum lip crayon by French Connection, which doesn't have a shade name but comes in a twin pack with a bright red that I'll be honest, isn't the best shade for white teeth. I don't think I've ever tried a lip crayon that has a similar formula to a balm but a lot of colour payoff at the same time - definitely worth the purchase since it only cost about £5.
 
The final product that I can't wait to add to my everyday make up bag is Black Cherry by Revlon, the iconic Autumn shade that reminds me of being fifteen and running around Liverpool with my Mum desperately trying to find a Boots or Superdrug that stocked this lipstick. It is the best plum tone, and I've always loved Revlon lipsticks because they stay on so darn long. Black Cherry is quite simply October in a beauty product.
 
 

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I have NYX Prague too and I love it! I am wearing darker shades at the moment, gotta love my dark reds and berry lipsticks! :)

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NYX Prague too and I love it! I am wearing darker shades at the moment, gotta love my dark reds and berry lipsticks! :)

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Jouer lipshade is gorgeous, I've been trying to find a similar colour! I also love Black Cherry, so pretty :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig