Sunday 9 October 2016

Products On Trial #1

 
 
Lately, I've been picking up lots of new beauty items and keeping them in my current go-to make up bag, testing them out to review for you guys. Even though I'm a student now I can't stop myself from splashing out on make up every now and then (who cares if you don't eat for a day, a lipstick is better right?)
 
The first item I've been trialling and absolutely loving, probably my favourite out of the bunch, is the angled contour brush from the PS Pro Beauty Primark range. This cost me something ridiculous like £1.50 as a bit of a gamble, but I was so pleasantly surprised. The brush stays in shape and evenly distributes contour products, and I think the black and rose gold packaging is adorable. All in all I would give this a huge thumbs up; who knew Primani could do some killer brushes? I'm not even kidding when I say I like these more than Morphe, Blank Canvas or any of my go-to brushes.

 
Sugar by TooFaced is the one lip product that I have been wishing for consistently for the longest time. I hardly ever wear light nudes, but since the Melted formula is the lip formula I gravitate towards most of all, I decided it was time to go for it and step out of my nude comfort zone. Sugar is a gorgeous pale nude, but I do find that you have to moisturise your lips first before applying, as light shades like this can emphasise any cracks in your lips.
 
Plumful by MAC was such a spur of the moment purchase, a little 'welcome to Leeds' gift for myself from the House of Fraser counter. The lustre finish is typically the one that I go for, mattes are way too drying for my liking (although I wore 'Stone' the other night, and that's one heck of a comfortable matte let me tell you), and the shade Plumful is a pretty sheer plum colour that's perfect for Autumn, without going for a completely bold lip. This definitely would have made it into my October Lip Library had I bought it a couple of days sooner!

 
The last new product I've been trying out is a foiled eyeshadow from Make Up Geek in the shade 'Grandstand', a beautiful sparkly bronze colour that Beauty Bay describes as a 'pale chocolate shimmer'. The best thing about foiled eyeshadows is the crazy pigmentation of them, literally one swipe and you're ready to go. Mixing this with the shades 'Barcelona Beach' and 'Homecoming' gives an Autumnal look to die for, and I know I'll get a lot of use out of this shade in the next few months. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig