Saturday 15 April 2017

Birthday Colourpop Haul

 
When my Mum asked if I wanted to make a Colourpop order for my birthday, I jumped at the chance (quite literally, if I remember correctly). If you've been keeping up with my posts over here during the last few months you'll know that I'm on a one way track to becoming a Colourpop hoarder, so I can't wait to show you the newest additions to my collection. Even with customs I think this brand is amazing quality for the low prices; I personally don't think the Satin and Gloss lip formulas can be beaten by any other brand.
 
Okay, surprisingly, one of the items I'm happiest with is the shader Brush - perfect to apply the Super Shock shadows onto the eyelid. The fact that the brush is so flat and firm means that shimmer can really be packed on, ideal since normal eye brushes don't pick up the pigmentation of those particular shadows. For $6 you can't go wrong, and its baby pink as well, which just completes the package.
 
Moving on to lip products (the crème de la crème when it comes to Colourpop), I chose two Satin finishes. Alyssa, from the Kathleen Lights collection, is a dreamy muted pink that was a bit of a risk considering light shades of pink sometimes wash me out, but one that I'm happy I took. The Satin formula is so much more comfortable than the matte, and this is a lovely everyday pink. Baracuda is a "warm, deepened rose", which just sounds comforting, don't you think? I can't wait to wear this on a night out when I get back to Leeds.

 
 
From the Nectar collection I decided to get one of the Lippie Stix, which are even more creamy with the new formula and just glide onto the lips. The shade I popped into my basket was 'Faded', a rosey coral lipstick that is going to suit the summer months perfectly. Although I do prefer the packaging and formula of the satin lips, when it comes to comfortable colour this collection is a close second.
 
Now if you've seen any of my other Colourpop rambles, you might have noticed that the Ultra Glossy Lips are my holy grail product; I don't think I could live without them at this point. I spend my beauty blogger life trying to find the best glosses, and the formula and pigmentation of these ones are to die for. For $6 I would recommend them to anyone! Weirdly, I added a backup of 'Aquarius' (the ideal pink-nude gloss) to my basket, but then lost my original, so when this birthday package arrived I could have cried with happiness. You don't know how much you depend on a gloss until its gone.
 

 
 The other two shades I went for were 'Finders Keepers', a mid-tone mauve in a crème finish that has just a hint more blue in it than Aquarius, but is definitely on the same spectrum. Love love love, another favourite in my Colourpop collection. 'Tight Fit' is a peachy pink metallic that I know I'll reach for a lot in the upcoming months; I don't like the metallic finish as much as the crème but this is still a lovely, everyday gloss. It would look hella cute over a nude lipstick to jazz it up a bit.
 
 
I also picked up two of the pressed shadows to fit into my Z-palette, in the shades 'Made to Last' (a matte, neutral mauve), and 'Come and Get it', which is a gorgeous duo chrome rose gold. So far I'm impressed with the formula of these shadows, up there with Make Up Geek quality with just a little more fall out, but that's forgivable. The colour pay off of these applies well with any brush, unlike the super shock shadows.

 
Speaking of super shock, I of course had to add to my running total. The Spring Nectar collection introduced a shadow in the shade 'Flipper', something completely different to my usual neutrals but one that I immediately fell in love with. It's described as a "soft tangerine with silver glitter" and I just think its beautiful, and a subtle way of going bold. This one looks really pretty with 'Come and Get it' when combining pinks and oranges in an eye look. The other shadow I picked up was 'Nillionaire', a bronze with pink and gold glitter that I haven't tried out yet but know is going to be right up my street. I can't wait to see how it applies with the shader brush.

Top to bottom: Faded, Baracuda, Alyssa, Finders Keepers, Aquarius, Tight Fit.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Ah your Mum is so lovely for doing this! Alyssa is a beautiful colour, great picks.

    Alice | alicemaysnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely present, your mum is so lovely for doing this! You got some gorgeous things, I love the look of faded!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush♡

    ReplyDelete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig