Tuesday 9 May 2017

Two New Concealer Picks

 
And I'm back!
 
Getting into the swing of things again at university has been time consuming and I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and write, but I thought that after trialling these two new concealers for about a month now, it was time to give them a review.
 
Concealer is my number one essential when it comes to make up, and whether you have blemished skin or not, its a lifesaver for those days when you wake up and those under eyes make it seem like you haven't slept in weeks. The new pick that I'm most excited about is definitely 'Fit Me' by Maybelline - a product I've heard lots about but never managed to pick up in my shade before this. I bought it from Amazon for around £5 in the shade 'fair', for porcelain skin.  I don't know if you've noticed, but my skintone is as pale as you can get, and this concealer does the job.

 
I absolutely adore this concealer. The coverage for such a simple product is incredible, I regularly skip foundation and just use this to even out my skin. It blends perfectly with a make up sponge (I'm honestly not sure what I did in my life prior to using a sponge to blend out concealer), and stays put all day long if you set it with a powder. My personal favourite combination is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and the Soap and Glory translucent powder, which is quickly becoming my all time go-to. £5 for a concealer that applies easily and covers any blemish is a win in my eyes, particularly when the finish is matte.

 
The Liquid Concealer from 3ina however (you can check it out here) is a different story entirely. When I took a trip to London I visited the store and the make up artist tried the concealer on my skin, and at the time I was completely convinced that it was a product that I had to have. I bought the shade 101, which is a light concealer with yellow undertones to counteract the redness in my skin, and although the shade is ideally matched, I'm not a fan of the consistency or formula of this product. The applicator applies the make up in a patchy, feathery way so that not enough concealer is transferred, and the finished look is rather cakey. I think we all know that that isn't quite what we're looking for when we cover up our dark circles. 

I'd be interested to try more from the brand regardless of this one minor fail, because you can't judge a new company based on one thick concealer - which reminds me, if you're a fan of thick and creamy concealers, you might actually be on the right track with this one.  The saving grace for this purchase is that the packaging is very simple and chic; matte black does things to me like no other make up design can.
 
Let me know what you thought if any of you have tried this, I'd be intrigued to know if anyone else felt the same about either of these concealers.

 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I really like the Fit Me concealer, it's very comparable to the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer but the shade isn't as good, it just doesn't go pale enough for me!

    Alice | alicemaysnell

    ReplyDelete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig