Wednesday 20 August 2014

An OOTD and an Attempt at a New Hairstyle

I know I know I know, three posts in under 24 hours...I had some free time! Even though it's still my summer break, I have been super busy lately and it's nice to get a time gap sometimes where I can just relax and write some blogposts. I thought that today I would do an 'Outfit Of The Day', simply because I was already planning on doing a post about a new hairstyle I've been trying out. 


I have no idea why I decided to do this with my hair today, other than it wasn't as frizzy as usual and I thought I would try something different that didn't use heat. My hair has a natural curl/wave to it, and today I pinned it all up just above the nape of my neck (I had to search the anatomy of the head on google to get a term for that, how fancy) with some bobby pins. Before that, I added a little braid to the left side of my head, so the braid carries on all the way down to the back of my head. Yes, it does look a little messy, but I think that I kind of like it that way, especially considering that this is a first try!

 
My outfit today is a white shirt from River Island. I'm not sure if they sell it anymore, because I got it last year, but it's pretty much just your standard white shirt. Over that I'm wearing a black and white cardigan that I bought from Forever 21, which is super comfy and something that I wear all the time. I'm also wearing a pair of Levi's Jeans, and a simple necklace. Fun fact about this necklace: I haven't taken it off in two years...AT ALL. It has absolutely no sentimental value to me, but over time it became a little game to see how long I could keep it on for (I play the best games, clearly.) Now people just assume the necklace has a story, and I've been asked about it quite a lot!
 
I hope you enjoyed this spontaneous blog post,
Emily xoxo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love this outfit, it looks so stylish but effortless. Your hair looks fab too, I really need to start experimenting with my hair a bit more, I'm not very good at up-dos.

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying that! I've never even tried an up-do before, I just woke up and thought, "today is the day!"

      Delete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig