Wednesday 13 August 2014

Barcelona Haul

Hey!
So I'm back from Barcelona now, and I thought I would share with you the items I bought whilst I was away. Most of the items are clothing and beauty related, with a couple of random items thrown in there. Let's get started!


First of all, I visited an American store called Brandy Melville. Since there is only one in the UK (in London) I never get to go to the store, so finding one in Barcelona was hugely exciting and I just had to buy a couple of things. I bought a dark blue and white, tie dye style t-shirt, because lately I've been really into the idea of tie dye - I actually think I might try to make my own soon! This is probably my favourite purchase, purely because there are so many possibilities for this item.
I also bought a maroon skirt, made out of a velvety material. The skirt is SUPER comfy, and is something that I think I will get a lot of use out of. I'm starting college in September, and I feel like this outfit (the one pictured above) will be one I wear a lot.




I bought a couple of accessories from Brandy Melville as well, a tag necklace and two scrunchies. Recently, I've become a little obsessed with scrunchies. They are the perfect solution to high ponytail headaches! I love these ones because the patterns are so pretty (I'm wearing the blue and white one right now, as I'm writing this). The tag necklace was an impulse buy, I saw the necklace on a model in the store and knew that I had to have it! I paired the necklace with the tie dye t-shirt and I love the way that it dresses up the outfit.


 
From H&M, I bought a long sleeved men's shirt with the word 'Nashville' on it. When I first saw this in the window, I wasn't aware that it was from the men's section. Usually, this would put me off, but considering that taking a trip to Nashville is a big dream of mine, I just went for it. I'm not sure how I'm going to wear this exactly, probably with a pair of jeans or tucked into a plain black skirt.




Whilst I was away, my Covergirl mascara dried up (sob) so I had to run out and purchase one from the shopping centre next to my hotel. There were lots of brands that we have here in the UK, but I kind of wanted to try a brand I'd never heard of before - I'm not sure if this brand is Spanish, it might be! The mascara is the 'Seduction Codes' mascara by Astor, and it promises high volume and definition. I really like the packaging for this mascara, it is gold, and designed to look like a gift, with a little black bow around the edge. It doesn't clump eyelashes, which is great, and gives great volume, so it really does live up to its name.

 
 
 
 
I was extremely happy to see that they had Sephora in the city centre, because I loved that store when I went in America last year. I purchased the Sephora make up palette, which contains eye shadows (very pigmented, yay!) lip-glosses, blush, bronzer, and crème eyeliner. The palette was a good price considering everything that is inside, and the packaging is so cute and compact. I also bought two of their shower creams, in the scents 'Mango' and 'Chocolate', because I have a slight addiction to buying shower gels and creams. Chocolate is a scent that I wouldn't ordinarily choose for a shower cream, but I actually really love this one!
 
 
 
One thing I knew I wanted to buy before I went to Barcelona, was one of my favourite books in Spanish. I took Spanish in high school, and since I'm not carrying on with the subject, I thought that attempting to read in Spanish every now and then would keep me on my toes and stop all the vocab from slipping out of my mind. I chose 'Bajo La Misma Estrella' which is 'The Fault in Our Stars', because I love the book and know the story really well.
 
 



 
 
Lastly, when I visited the Picasso museum, I bought a bookmark (because who can ever have too many bookmarks?!) The museum was really interesting, and was probably one of my favourite parts of the trip. The bookmark has a copy of a Picasso piece on it, one with sketches of cats. I don't know, I just love books and art and cats.
 
 
Hope you enjoyed this post! See you next post,
 
Emily xoxo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hey :) I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out my post for the rules and questions x

    http://keepdreaming-13.blogspot.ie/2014/08/liebster-award-20.html

    ReplyDelete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig