Monday 27 March 2017

The Single Eye Shadow Edit

 
It feels so good to sit down and write this post; the last couple of weeks has definitely included neglect of my blog and social medias. Semester two of university has just come to an end for me, so things have been pretty crazy and its been difficult to find time to sit down and tweet/write.
 
When it comes to shadows, in the past year I've been completely converted to the world of single eye shadows, rather than relying on one palette. There are a few shades and brands that completely knock it out of the park when it comes to eye shadow (particularly building your own palette), so I thought I'd recommend my favourites. There's also a real variety of prices here; I don't think cost necessarily equates to quality in the world of single shadows.


 
My number one go-to brand for single shadows has to be Makeup Geek - as if you aren't tired of me harping on about this brand already. I think the formula of the shadows is faultless, if you want buttery eye shadow that blends easily and has high pigmentation, then you can't beat them. They also fit nicely into the z-palette, which is perfect. I get mine from Beauty Bay (£6 or £9.25 for foiled), and my top shades are Barcelona Beach, which is my holy grail shadow from any brand ever, Charmed, and Homecoming. 
 
Next, it will come as no surprise to most people that the Colourpop Super Shock shadows ($5) are up there on the single shadow A-list. These are so beautiful as they apply like a cream to powder formula, and the pigmentation is intense. The shade 'Kathleenlights' is quite possibly the most pigmented make up product I've ever come across. I also love the shade 'Catnap', which is a shimmery dusty rose - I think its incredibly commendable for a brand to acknowledge the need to raise money for animal charities, so when I saw the campaign I had to pick one up.


 
MAC shadows (£13.50), whilst not being up there with the best, have a few shades that just get it spot on when it comes to formula and colour choice. 'Mythology' and 'Woodwinked' are gorgeous shimmer shades that I reach for time and time again. Another shimmer favourite is the Stila Cream Shadow in the shade 'Kitten', the ideal champagne lid colour that you can pop on in a rush for a quick and easy make up look. I always get asked what this shadow is when I wear it!
 
Lastly, the NYX single shadows (£2.50) that fit into a z-palette are well worth looking at when you come to building your own palette. Some of the shades can be a bit hit or miss, but I know I can rely on the neutrals, particularly the shade 'True Taupe', a taupe that I use for my outer corners.

Top to Bottom: Kitten, Barcelona Beach, True Taupe, Homecoming, Woodwinked

Top to Bottom: Mythology, Catnap, Kathleenlights, Charmed
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig