Thursday 23 February 2017

These Are a Few Of My Favourite Things

 
Isn't it about time I brought 'Favourites' back? I've missed this little collection of products. The past couple of months have been full of trying new make up bits; things I've picked up, products I've been gifted, you know the drill. There has been a couple that have stood out to me though, and I'm over the moon happy to chat to you guys about them (I'm pretty sure that any one of these four products has the power to change your life. Prepare yourself.)
 
I've been recommended the Kiko 'Extra Sculpt' mascara countless times in the past year, so when I was in the Leeds Kiko store repurchasing the Coconut Kiss Balm I knew I couldn't pass up the opportunity. People aren't kidding when they say that this mascara is out of this world - I literally ran up the corridor of my flat showing my friends my lashes after just one coat. I will admit that if you aren't careful when applying this it can transfer to your lid, but that's only because the wand is gigantic. I'm talking huge levels of volume and length over here. I think I've fallen in love with a mascara.
 
 
The Instablur Primer from the Body Shop is another item I've had on my wishlist for months. I've clung to my NYX Angel Veil for way too long now; primers are definitely an item I have room to play around with. This primer is absolutely fabulous, my skin is instantly smoothed out and I can 100% tell a difference with the visibility of my pores. I was quite taken aback by the price (£15?!), but I'm completely converted after using it this month and I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase. The Body Shop beauty counter is a new concept to me, I think I might have to try some other bits and bobs.
 
If there's one beauty category that I will try countless new products from, its lip gloss. I'm constantly on the search for new formulas that I like, and as soon as I tried this Lip Lacquer from Smith & Cult in the shade 'Now Kith' I knew I was in love. I think I did a happy dance. I would describe the shade as a muted rosy mauve, and I cannot tell you how much I like how un-sticky this gloss is. When you combine that with the fact that the colour is very pigmented in comparison to other brands, I think I've found a winner (just trust me with this one.) Until now, all I'd tried from this brand was their nail polishes, so it was interesting to trial something more up my alley from them - fingers crossed that their other shades are just as good!

 
My final favourite for these past few months is the Stila Cream Eyeshadow in 'Kitten', which I know I've mentioned before! I feel like I've only just begun to appreciate this as an everyday shadow; it's the perfect swipe of shimmer for a 5 minute make up look, and the champagne colour is gorgeous. I can without a doubt say that this is the prettiest cream shadow that I own in my collection, and I know that 'Kitten' is one of their more famous shades. I would consider this a staple in any eye shadow collection - it works beautifully as a base or on its own.

 
Now Kith, Kitten.
 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I really want to try the Insta Blur primer, I didn't realise it was that pricey though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either, but after trying it I would consider it to be worth it! Such a luxury-feeling formula :)

      Em x

      Delete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig