Sunday 2 April 2017

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre

 
If there's one thing I'm sure of at this point in my make-up collecting existence, its that my weakness, my kryptonite, is gloss (doesn't take a genius to work that one out, does it?) I think its one of the easiest products to get so very, very wrong; when I find a good one, its reason enough to hang onto it for dear life. Side note: I actually just lost my favourite lip gloss, so maybe I'm not clinging tight enough.
 
When I took a trip to London a few weeks back, which was actually a huge deal for me in terms of overcoming anxieties, I decided to splurge and get something luxury, to commemorate the step - any reason to buy beauty products, am I right? The Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre claims to be a "luxe colour, long lasting lip lacquer", and I purchased the shade 'Ibiza Nights' to put that claim to the test. The shade immediately stood out to me as something I don't already have in my collection, a gorgeous bronze shimmer that would look absolutely perfect during the summer months. 
 
 
The first thing I will say about this gloss (£16.50), is that when it says it brings shine, it isn't playing around. That mirror-like shine is intense. The product also contains Lotus Flower extract, which is "an anti-oxidant that protects, hydrates and soothes lips", and I have to admit, my lips do feel moisturised after wearing this, and only a few glosses in my make up bag can boast that. Sadly, on the sticky scale it doesn't perform as well as Colourpop or Smith&Cult, and there is a tackiness that would cause major issues on a windy day if you had your hair down. I can't say it bothers me to a high extent however, since the tackiness is on the low side and the rest of the qualities balance out the one thing that I wish it didn't have. We all have our faults.
 
 
Usually with a lip lacquer, I'd be expecting quite an opaque layer of pigment when I apply, which is why I was surprised that this one was on the sheer side. For me, that's an added bonus - I like sheer glosses and they're what I gravitate towards the most, but if you are looking for something a bit heavier, then I'd look at the other colours in the collection or steer away from this particular gloss. The shimmer in the shade 'Ibiza Nights' is the ideal balance between nothing-ness and in your face glitter particles, I like that the shimmer is subtle, but visible enough that it adds to the shine. All in all, I'd say that this is a pretty good gloss (not as good as my Ultra Glossy Lips, but I think I need to stop holding lip glosses up to that standard, its getting unfair). This luxury gloss is definitely one to watch out for in the upcoming summer months.
 
 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Definitely a great excuse for new makeup! Well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your trip to London! This colour looks so pretty, it's so unique!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! This is so pretty and I'm such a big fan of glosses too
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig