Sunday 31 July 2016

My Go-To Subtle Eye Make Up Look

 
There's something so magical about finding that make up products you bought separately, fit together like they were meant to be, isn't there? (I can only liken it to what I'm guessing it would feel like if you brought a new puppy home and it curled up right next to the dog you've had for ten years.)
 
When it comes to eye make up I tend to go for the 'less is more' outlook, moving away from the assumption that a beauty hoarder likes to see if she can fit all the make up she owns, on her face all at once. I'm all about the browns recently, and since I like to think I've got my go-to look down at the moment, I thought I'd share my favourite products - heads up, there are some real gems. Disclaimer: don't get your hopes up for a finished look photo, I'm not quite there yet on the close up face photo train (totally just made that train up). Don't worry though, swatches await. 

 
My immediate pick for a base shade is 'Naked 2' from the Naked Basics palette, which has become a holy grail for me in the past few months. I apply all my eyeshadow mainly with the base eyeshadow brush from Real Techniques (ah-may-zing.) Then I go into my crease with 'Barcelona Beach' by Make Up Geek, making sure to blend out the warm brown so it looks relatively natural. 'Over the Taupe' by NYX goes on my outer corner; who knew that NYX did single eyeshadows pans and magnetic palettes? Not me, that's for sure. These shadows are such good quality, and the prices are ridiculously low for what you get.
 
Now, this is where the fun part begins and the glitter comes into play. If you haven't seen Kiko long Lasting Eyeshadow sticks before then you are seriously missing out (see swatches below for ridiculously high pigmentation.) I have the shade '06 Golden Brown', and it's such a beautiful shimmer shade that glides onto the lids. To keep in line with the look I go for when I do a day to day eye, I don't directly use the stick, otherwise the colour would be maximum intensity. Instead I transfer it lightly from my finger onto the eyelid, and it gives the look the sparkle it needs. Building up the shadows would allow this make up to be as vibrant or as subtle as you want it, especially with the shimmer!

From the left: Naked 2, Barcelona Beach, Over the Taupe, Golden Brown.

Have you used any of these products before, and what's your favourite Make Up Geek eyeshadow pan?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig