Wednesday 13 April 2016

A Perfect Benefit Dupe

 
I don't think I've ever been so hyped about a post as I am for this one. The Benefit 'Balm' range is one of my favourites; when I go to college I almost always prefer to opt for a tinted balm compared to a lipstick, which requires much more maintenance and can't be applied without a mirror. Since receiving Posiebalm and Benebalm for Christmas last year I've worn them a ton, and I was considering purchasing the other two in the collection (Cha Cha and Lolli) when I stumbled across these exact dupes, and I'm super excited to share them with you guys.
 
Kiko is such a lovely brand - the products are good quality and highly affordable, and I was over the moon to discover their 'Kiss Balms', which are described as tinted, moisturising lip balms with SPF 15, and come in seven shades (and flavours - did I forget to mention that each one has a fruity scent?) I swatched all the shades in store and I've come to the conclusion that there's a dupe for every balm from benefit - Apricot is almost exactly the same as Cha Cha, Cherry for Posie, Strawberry for Benebalm and Raspberry for Lollibalm. I decided to pick up Apricot and Raspberry to make up for the two shades I don't own in the Benefit range, and I also bought Coconut, the colourless balm which just smells completely like summer. The other two shades I haven't mentioned are Blackberry, a deeper purple pink than Raspberry, and tutti frutti, a pretty pink red. All the colours are completely gorgeous, and the metallic packaging just makes me emotional, because you know, make up.

 
As for the formula of the products I can't tell any difference from the Benefit products; a glossy balm that is refreshing and a well deserved break for our lips after matte lipsticks. They smell amazing as well - especially the Apricot, it reminds me of those little yogurts that they sell in European supermarkets that are flavoured like, you guessed it, apricot. The only difference in product that I can see (or smell) is the obvious one in scent - the fruit flavours are lovely, but I'm also a fan of the slightly perfumed Benefit scent! And you know what? I was also going to mention that it appears that you get slightly less product in the Kiko balm, but after fact checking I can reveal that the product size is exactly the same (three grams), which means that the packaging of Kiko is less bulky and therefore handy for travelling! At £5.90 a pop in contrast to £14.50 from Benefit, its a good old steal, and you could purchase two of these without even reaching the high end price.
 
 
Don't get me wrong, I'm a ride or die Benefit fan and I always will be, but everyone loves a good dupe right? To be honest I would say that the Benefit balms are actually worth the price of what you pay, and in the future I may even purchase Lollitint since I so highly coveted it. However, if you're on a budget then let me tell you, these Kiss Balms are pretty much exactly the same and its well worth a try, or even to test if you like a tinted balm before progressing to Benefit. Either way, both brands are great and I'm happy to see all of that metallic packaging in my lipstick holder.
 
What do you think of this dupe, and which flavour sounds yummiest?!


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I really want to try the kiko kiss balms now! They look lovely!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been intrigued by the benefit ones. But i just haven't been able to justify spending nearly £15 on a lip balm so I'll definitely be check out the Kiko ones. Thanks for sharing :) xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to try any KIKO products and haven't tried the benefit balms either so I'll definitely pick the KIKO ones first :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great dupe! I've never tried the Benefit ones, but I love the look of the Kiko ones and how similiar they are. I'm definitely going to check out the Kiko ones xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig