Wednesday 13 July 2016

Duty Free Beauty Haul

 
Everyone knows that one of the best parts of going on holiday (and definitely the best part of the airport), is the duty free. Particularly on the way home, when you have a ton of extra euros and a lovely selection of beauty stands right in front of you. I tell you, I went absolutely wild in there.
 
I don't have a high end concealer, so the first thing I was excited to pick up was the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15, which I had borrowed from my friend whilst we were in Mallorca and thought was worth splurging on. I'm going to post a full review about this when I've had time to test it out a little longer, since I think I'm going to have a lot to say. 


 
When it comes to shimmery or sparkly products, I'm a complete magpie and it doesn't matter what the brand or item is, I want it in my collection. When I saw this 'Multiple' product from NARS in the cult favourite shade (Orgasm), I was immediately drawn to it, I've had my eye on the powder version for a while, but I find cream products easier to work with so this one was right up my alley. I'm going to be 100% honest here and say that when I purchased this, I wasn't exactly sure what it did (told you, I'm just a sucker for sparkly things), but its actually a product for various things including lips, cheeks and eyes, which is pretty darn cool. I'm excited to properly try this out, since I've heard from a few blogs that this shade can be a hit or miss despite its golden reputation. I don't often purchase from NARS, this is only the third item in my collection along with my beloved Laguna and a Velvet Lip Pencil in the shade 'Dragon Girl'.

 
One product I've raved about in the past is the tinted lip balms from Benefit - I love Posiebalm and Benebalm and I think the formula and scent combine to form a killer product. When I got a sample of Lollitint in the Benefit Advent Calendar I knew I wanted to pick up the balm, but £14.50 is a lot to pay for a lipbalm, so I've been putting it off. In duty free it worked out a bit cheaper, and I had exactly that amount of euros left, so it seemed like fate! The packaging on this product is amazing, and the pink/purple shade is pretty on its own, or with a gloss on top.
 
 
Along with my new MAC concealer, I picked up a lipstick, because despite the fact that I said in my recent MAC Lipstick collection that I wouldn't be buying more any time soon, we can never resist an opportunity like duty free can we? I'd never heard of the shade Faux before, which is a gorgeous pinky nude, but when I swatched it in store I knew it was the perfect addition to my nude collection (oo er.) Harry was very sweet and picked me up another lipstick when he went through duty free a day later, and chose another one that I haven't heard of, but On Hold is a beautiful pink red Cremesheen lipstick that will look amazing on a night out. I tried this over the top of my Melted Lipstick in Ruby, and it looked lovely, so I can't wait to experiment more with this.

 
I can't actually believe how much I spent last week in duty free, my bank is crying for me to enforce a spending ban for a while!
 
Have you made any exciting beauty purchases recently, or have you tried any of these products?
 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Lollitint is so pretty. I always prefer and light weight balm/tint over lipstick so I should really pick this up!
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great things! Faux is my favourite MAC lipstick and On Hold looks gorgeous too! x

    http://luxuryblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous haul, I’m a sucker for a Mac lipstick! I’ve never purchased anything by Nars but the multiple product looks pretty. :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these products look amazing, lovely haul! Xx

    LITAH

    ReplyDelete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig