Sunday 18 September 2016

LA Girl Glazed Lip Paints || Swatches and Review

 
A few weeks back I went for it and ordered from Beauty Bay, and the item I was most excited to try was the 'Glazed Lip Paints' from LA Girl, which at only £4 seemed like something to take a gamble on. Beauty Bay describes these as 'a decadent lip stain that combines the texture of a gloss with the colour-payoff of a liquid lipstick', so as a beauty blogger who hates the drying effect of a liquid lipstick, and loves the look of a gloss, this seemed like the perfect combo.
 
I only ever pick one shade when I try a product for the first time, just in case I hate the formula, so I looked at swatch videos on Youtube and chose the shade 'Elude', which is a beautiful pink nude. I was also tempted by 'Whisper', a light nude, but wimped out and went for the comfortable 'your lips but better' colour. I love the packaging of the product, I think its similar enough to the TooFaced Melted lipsticks to realise that this is a product of the same kind, but the font and overall shape is unique enough to make its own mark on the beauty industry. A lot of brands have tried to emulate the TooFaced product (ahem, Make Up Revolution Lip Lavas), and as they're one of my favourites, I'm always excited to try out similar lip formulas.

 
What I will say that I don't like too much is the design of the applicator - the plastic nozzle makes it a lot harder to control than a sponge applicator would, and often when you only want a little of the product, you're left with a massive glob to try and shift. It reminds me of the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer situation; too much product comes out in one go. I can look past this though, as it's only a minor design flaw and the actual product is stunning. 
 
 
As you can see from the swatch, Elude is a beautiful pink nude, that settles on the lips to a comfortable gloss/ liquid lipstick harmony. I'm all about soft pinks for everyday wear, and this is a perfect shade for that, and also to balance out a harsh smokey eye. I put the product to a test and wore it all day, and apart from a need for reapplication half way through, the lip glaze stood the test of time and wore well. I'm impressed that a product that can be bought so cheaply (less expensive than even most drugstore liquid lipsticks) can prove itself to be such a contender in the lip product world. The shade range within this collection is very varied, and some other shades I think are gorgeous are 'Blushing', which is a pink-plum, and 'Gleam', which is such a unique bronze shade. I'm 100% going to consider buying more of these from Beauty Bay, and for £4 you just can't go wrong.
 
 
Have you ever tried the Lip Glazes?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. How strange that they haven't included a sponge for application!? I imagine it's really difficult to get an even finish. Still, at £4 a pop, they're such a bargain. I love the shade that you chose.

    Kirsty - Life in Excess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a nightmare to apply, but the colour selection makes it worth it :)

      Em

      Delete
  2. I have one of these but didn't like the shade but I did like the formula. Makeup Revolution do ones like these but they include the sponge applicator which works so much better.

    EmmysBeautyCave | Bloglovin | Blog Header Services

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried those ones I think - I'm definitely a fan of sponge applicators over plastic ones!

      Em

      Delete
  3. I purchase one of these last winter and I love it so much. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. Gets too much product out and creates a mess! Love shade you chose!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make a mess - but at least the colours are pretty! Thanks for commenting :)

      Em

      Delete
  4. Can't believe how cheap it is! Will have to check them out, I'm a big fan of liquid lipsticks. Very pretty shade x

    https://sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked at how much of a bargain they are!

      Em

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of these before but thank you for introducing me! I absolutely love the shade you chose, it's so beautiful *heart eyes* and your photos are so pretty! The packaging reminds me of Too Faced and Barry M at the same time! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for saying that! Yes it really reminds me of TooFaced :)

      Em

      Delete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig