Saturday 30 May 2015

Revlon goodies and notebook treasure

Hi guys!
Today's post is basically a mini haul from my trip to town yesterday. Aside from the things I mention below, I bought my Mum's birthday present two months in advance (Pandora had a beautiful sale), my best friend's birthday gift (I won't say what it is, because there's a good chance she'll see this) and a refill of my favourite shampoo. I mentioned the shampoo in my 'May favourites' post, which you can view here. I also tried the Starbucks Mango yogurt Frappuccino, which I would highly recommend.


Firstly I bought two Revlon lipsticks, in the shades 835 'Berry Couture' and 420 'blushed'. This is a big statement, but I think Revlon lipsticks might be my favourite. I've been in love with the shade 'Black Cherry' for years, and the lipsticks are moisturising whilst still being highly pigmented. These lipsticks retail at £7.49. The shade Berry Couture is a pretty good dupe for a Clinique chubbystick I had a while back and absolutely loved, in the colour 'violet'. Blushed is a shimmery nude, and I am so in love with it; its the perfect colour for casual looks!
 
 
I took a trip to TK Maxx, a store I have a love/hate relationship with. Some days I'll find absolutely nothing, and feel uninspired by the mediocre display of candles and various forms of argan oil. Yesterday though, they had a really nice range of notebooks, in the style that I've been wanting for quite a while. It's been known in the past to members of my family that I'm quite the stationary hoarder, but I've held off from buying any for months now and decided to pick up a couple of these hardback notebooks. I'm constantly writing, it's what I love to do, and this style of notebook makes it all feel a little bit more special, don't you agree? The first one says 'Write Your Story' which is perfect since I'm going to do it to note down everything I need to remember for the plot of my book. The second is based on Paris and has an Audrey Hepburn quote on the front - what more could you possibly want from a notebook?
 
What have you been buying recently?
Emily xoxo

 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig