Monday 18 May 2015

Some Items For Your Summer Wardrobe

Hey guys!
It is so close to summer I can practically taste the strawberry ice cream, and to celebrate I compiled a list of some items for your summer wardrobe. This isn't quite everything, but it should get anyone started on the road to summer style!

 
Okay so firstly I think summer heat (I'm basing this on the hope that England will get its act together for once) calls for loose fitted tops. I love this one from Urban Outfitters because the pale pink is perfect for the warmer months.
 
 
I'm a big fan of tank tops, and I probably own over ten in this style. The halter type neck is perfect to pair with some shorts, and the bright print on this top from New Look really screams summer don't you think? This black velvet one is from Urban Outfitters again, and is just a staple as it goes with anything, and you can dress it up or down.

 
I don't think a kimono is necessary, but I think some sort of light jacket, cardigan or shirt is essential, especially where I live. The print on this kimono from New Look is fun and feminine, and I fell in love with it right off the bat. I uploaded an OOTD with this piece which you can view here.
 
 
I've always been the type of person to prefer skirts over dresses, as I think they are much more versatile pieces to have in your wardrobe. I wear skirts like this all year round, but the difference with this time of year is that you don't need a pair of warm tights to pair with them! I got this floral print skirt from Forever 21, and this velvet-y maroon skirt is from Brandy Melville.

 
Lastly, sorry to point out the obvious but shorts are kind of a must! I'm not the biggest fan of denim shorts on myself, but I do love this pair from Levi's, that were a collaboration with Liberty London. The bright print means that a simple top is needed to balance is out (for example, the black tank top from urban outfitters). Despite my love for these, I'm much more suited to fabric shorts, and this flowy bohemian print pair from Urban Outfitters is right up my street. They're so comfy and light, which means that they're perfect for a beach holiday!
 
I hope this gave you at least a little bit of inspiration on how to turn your wardrobe into something that resembles a readiness for summer. Have a great day!
 
Emily xoxo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig