Wednesday 2 September 2015

Back to College


Eugh. I can't believe I'm actually writing this post. Summer has flown by, and somehow I've arrived at the point where I have to return to college. I'm equal parts excited and deflated, because I've always been the girl that gets excited about a new pack of pens and spiral bound notebook. On the other hand, although I love learning, the forced nature of teaching and the modern teaching methods (I've literally had to do a relay race in one of my classes before) burden me and make me wish for a few more summer days doing nothing but Netflix.

The point of this post was to talk about the next academic year. I recently got my AS results, and even though they were satisfactory, I know I'm capable of more and that I let myself down slightly in the past year. I've always been a keen student, but I took my eye off the ball and focused on less important things. For that reason I'm planning to minimise distraction from my schoolwork, as this second year of sixth form is without a doubt my most challenging and important year of education so far. I still want to blog as much as possible, in fact I'm excited about my blog in a way I never have been before. More and more people are reading, and I'm attending my first blogger event in literally THREE days. I'm planning on updating the design of my blog, and I've written my first collaboration post with a brand that I love.

I don't want asmalldistraction to suffer in any way as a result of my schoolwork, I want it to continue to flourish. From now on, during term time I'm going to post on a Wednesday and a Sunday every week, with a surprise extra post or two dotted here and there. I've planned my posts all the way through to the end of September so there should be no trouble sticking to the plan, and I only hope that this year, with my determination and organisation, goes a little more down the right path. Hopefully this time next year I'll be preparing to go to my first choice uni, but nothing good comes without hard work!

Are you heading back to school?
Emily xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig