Sunday 4 October 2015

Current Favourites


I haven't done a favourites post in AGES, mainly because I think putting one up every month gets a little repetitive and tedious (along with a monthly playlist, I think doing regular posts got me into a rut where I was bored of my blog content). I still like to write and read favourites posts however, so I'm just going to do the occasional post on it!
 
Eylure Volume Lashes - I LOVE THESE LASHES. Literally the best lashes I have ever tried, I don't think I'll be purchasing any other type for quite some time. They don't look too garish and fake, they look natural but add a ton of volume to any eye look. And for only £4.99 (£4.50 with student discount), they're such a steal.
 
Me Me Me 'Beat the Blues' Highlighter in Pearly Pink - I don't use this every day, but I've been using it a lot more these past few weeks. I apply bronzer first, and then add a few dots of this above it, ready to blend. It doesn't look shiny like some highlighters, it just looks slightly dewy and gives you a healthy glow. I'm not sure where you'd buy this as I got it in a beauty box, but I'm sure you could locate it on the interwebs somewhere.
 
Sephora lipgloss in 'Fresh Peach' - This looks so pretty over a nude brown lipstick, or just on its own. I didn't use this in Summer, but now that we're moving onto Autumn I think it looks super lovely.
 
 
(We see you creeping Bobo)
 
Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo - I am extra fussy about shampoo, because some brands tend to clog up my hair and make it feel dirty as soon as its been washed (cough Pantene cough). I'd been having a love affair with a Tony&Guy shampoo ever since Christmas, but its a little pricey and so when I found this shampoo, I knew I'd hit the mark. It's affordable, but makes my hair feel so soft! Also, the honey smell from this lasts from wash to wash, I've been told that it makes my hair smell nice, so that's always a bonus. The only thing I'm not really a fan of is the packaging, but ah well, its what's inside that counts.
 
Philosophy the Basics by Nigel Warburton - I've been reading a few Philosophy books and articles lately, since its the subject I want to study at Uni next year. Of all the books I've tried this is by far my favourite; it explores most areas of the subject (at beginner level) using clear language and not over complicating things like these books usually do. It's got me completely hooked and I can't put it down - if you want to know a little bit more about Philosophy, or want to get ahead, read this book!
 
My True Love Gave to Me - This is a collection of short stories by leading authors, such as Stephanie Perkins and Rainbow Rowell. I honestly don't care that its October, Christmas is well under way in my mind and there's nothing I love more than settling down by the fire with a great book. Since I've been busy with schoolwork I haven't had a lot of time to read for leisure, so a book with short stories is ideal to fit into the pockets of time I have to fit around homework.
 

 
Scarf (New Look) - How gorgeous is this scarf?! I'm definitely a scarf person, and after adding this one to my collection its made its way to the top of the stack. It's so Autumnal, with purple, gold and navy blue tones. It goes with a lot of outfits and keeps me warm throughout the day - SO happy about this purchase!
 
What have you been using a lot lately?
Emily xo
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Lovely favourites! You can't beat a big, snuggly scarf in the colder months... I feel they kind of complete an outfit!
    Also, that highlighter looks beautiful, kind of similar to a W7 dupe for Benefit's High Beam that I have.
    The book you mentioned sounds really interesting as Rainbow Rowell is one of my favourite authors! Will have to check it out. xx

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely read the book - its so cute and Christmassy. I have a scarf obsession send help!
      Emily xo

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig