Sunday 13 December 2015

Clothes Show Haul and New Make Up Bits

 
Hi guys! I promised to show you my Clothes Show haul, but it was kind of small, so I've combined it with some other items I've picked up in the last week or so. I've been so MIA in the bloggersphere this week - apologies! I finish school on the 18th, and then I'll have SO much more time to spend blogging.
 
The first thing I bought from the show was this adorable little (I say little, its actually pretty huge) hair bow from 'Silly Old Sea Dog', which is a pastel lime green with cute peppermint swirls and candy canes on; the festiveness drew me in and I could not resist. This looks so nice worn with a ponytail, and it'll feature in my cosy winter lookbook whenever I finally find time to get myself together and put effort into an outfit post.


I also picked up a goody bag from the Barry M stand, which cost £10 and contains £60 worth of goodies! It's mainly full of nail products, with a few eyeshadows and lip products thrown in, and since my little sister runs a small-scale nail business I thought I'd gift this to her as part of her Christmas present. *Prays that she doesn't start reading my blog before Christmas otherwise the cats out of the bag*

 
I knew that NYX would be there even before I turned in my ticket, so I had a list of a couple of things I wanted to find. The queue was SO LONG, but once we finally made it I bought two more of the Soft Matte Lip Creams (view my review here), in the shades 'Stockholm', a pinky nude, and 'Abu Dhabi', a darker brown nude than London, which was already in my collection. As a bit of an impulse buy I also tried one of their Chunky Dunk hydrating lip crayons in the colour 'Caramel Martini', a dark brown shade. I absolutely adore this product, the formula reminds me of the Clinique Chubby Stick that I cherished for so long and then couldn't afford to repurchase.
 
 
As part of my secret Santa present from a friend, I got a No7 eyeshadow single in a metallic light brown colour, which is so so pretty on its own, or as a base. I wore this last night mixed with shadows from the Naked palette, and it didn't let me down.
 
For so long I've been a diehard fan of the Maybelline Master Precise eyeliner, but lately I've come to the conclusion that it just dries out way too quickly - I don't wear eyeliner all the time, but I've still gone through four in the last six months! This time I picked up the 'Liner Feutre' from Bourjois, and it is incredible. It's a soft felt tip liner that just glides on your eyelid and stays put all night - and for £6.99 I was honestly so impressed. I have this thing with eyeliners where I either love them or hate them (a bit of a marmite situation), and this one sits firmly on the side of love.
 
On the opposite side to love is this pair of Luscious Lashes by Collection. Back when I first started experimenting with make up I loved Collection concealers, so when I made a dash to the local pharmacy to see what Falsies were on offer and these were the only pair, I decided to give them a go. Literally rubbish. I'm sorry for the harsh-ness, but I couldn't wear these! They would not bend to my eyelid, and looked cheap and plastic-y. Eeek.
 
Well it kind of feels like I ended that one on a negative note, quickly fill your minds with Christmas spirit! I hope you're having a great week, and are enjoying the festive season as much as I am.
 
What have you picked up recently, or are you on a buying ban until you know what gifts you've received?
 
Em xo

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. On the whole, it looks like you picked up some great pieces! That bow is absolutely adorable and the Barry M colours are definitely ones i'd use xxx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've got some great items here!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig