Wednesday 4 January 2017

The Annual Product Round Up

 
2016 may not have been the best year to look back on in general, but it was a pretty darn good year for beauty products that were released/rediscovered. It took me an unreasonably long time to narrow this down; I think I had about five favourites in every category!
 
Hands down the first product I think of when I think 2016 is the TooFaced Melted Lipsticks, which I've talked about relentlessly in this space since April when I started collecting them. I currently have the shades Ruby, Chocolate Honey, Sugar and Chihuahua, and I can't get enough of the formula of these liquid lipsticks. Honestly, these may be slightly on the pricier side of things, but they are one of the high end products that I would wholeheartedly recommend. 
 
The other product in my top two is the MAC blush in the shade 'Harmony', which should also come as no surprise if you've been reading my blog throughout 2016. I use this blush as my go-to contour shade - MAC describe it as a 'muted rose-beige brown', and I would consider it the ultimate ash brown contour powder. 

 
Obviously I couldn't let this post pass me by without bringing up the MAC Sweet Copper Face Compact from the Nutcracker Sweet collection. I actually did a whole post on this that you can read here, but the highlight shade is what ultimately bought this into a ticket into my favourites collection. I love that the highlight is gold but not too yellow, you know? What a gem.
 
The Bourjois Radiance concealer is another find that I use religiously in my make up routine. 2016 was the year I fell in love with the brand as a whole. It's not the highest coverage I've ever tried, but this concealer is by far the best brightening product I've found for under the eyes. I literally have about four in my drawer as back ups just in case it gets discontinued.
 
The Primark contour brush (£1.50 like what the heck) is definitely my most used brush after the Real Techniques powder brush. I bought this kind of as a joke to myself because I was so unconvinced that such a cheap brush could be any good, but I was so wrong. It doesn't matter how often you wash it, it never loses its shape, and its the ideal brush for applying contour powder under your cheekbones. At such an affordable price this product is a god send, and if you don't have it then what's your excuse? It costs less than a Starbucks!
 
 
Make up geek eye shadows just had to make it in here, it would have been rude not to. Single pan eye shadows have changed the game for me, and for quality and formula you just can't beat MUG. My go-to shades are shimma shimma, barcelona beach (the only warm brown you'll ever need), and homecoming. Funnily enough, the three of them make such a pretty eye look all by themselves.
 
Last of all, I started trying out the Toofaced 'Better than Sex' mascara in November and its completely wiped the floor with any of my other favourite mascaras. I swear by the Bourjois offerings, but this Toofaced pick really is as good as they say. The curved brush gets to all of your lashes at once, and I am so impressed with how lengthening it is. I always said I wouldn't cave into luxury mascaras (which lets be honest, only ever last a few months), but I don't think I can go without repurchasing this!

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love the shade Chihuahua! When I decided to purchase one to test and try out I decided to go for this one and so happy I did!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig