Sunday 12 March 2017

Loreal True Match

 
I'm writing this up on a train on the way back from  a weekend in London. I read a quote that said you should aim to do something that scares you every single day, and walking for eight hours around London on my own was definitely on that list, so I'm sat here feeling a little proud of myself. It won't seem like a big deal to a lot of people, but I'm a seaside girl!
 
A couple of months ago I bought Loreal True Match, after years of sticking to Rimmel Wake Me Up, and this foundation? Life changing. If you have skin that's pretty much snow white level (like me), then this foundation comes in the fairest of shades - the shade range is so wide that I'm pretty sure there's a shade for every skin tone, which obviously is a big plus when choosing a foundation. I got mine in the shade Rose Ivory; my skin tone is pale with pink undertones, so this is ideal. I tend to go for yellow concealers to counteract the pink/red, but with foundation I would always gravitate towards the pink end of the spectrum. 
 
 
This product is entirely buildable. The foundation is on the runny side of things, which means that you can distribute it evenly across your skin and you don't have to commit to a thick layer (something I spend forever trying to avoid with other foundations.) The coverage that you get with only a small amount of product is highly impressive! I've been having a bad time with my skin lately due to a new primer, so when I applied this foundation I was immediately impressed because I could literally see the difference it was making. It looks so natural and flawless, and the packaging is perfect as it comes with a pump - I can't be doing with foundations that you have to pour, it feels like an accident waiting to happen.
 
The one thing I will say is that if you have drier skin, you're going to want to apply a moisturiser prior to this product. I have mostly dry skin, and if I don't apply it beforehand then the foundation clings to dry spots, but that's an issue easily fixed and it doesn't put me off using it in the slightest. I'd rather have that than a super dewy foundation, but it you're a fan of super dewy looks then I'm not sure this would be up your street.
 
 
I use the Real Techniques foundation brush to apply this, but I can imagine that it would look dreamy when applied with a sponge. I honestly can't convey how much I love this foundation to even out blemishes and balance my skin tone, for a drugstore price I think you get a lot more than what you pay for. I've been using this non stop for two months now and the bottle doesn't look anywhere close to becoming empty; the consistency of the foundation means that you really don't need much, making it cost effective. In fact, I think you should all go out and buy this ASAP.

 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig