Friday 1 August 2014

July Favourites!

Since August has just begun (how the heck are we at August already?!) I thought I would do a post showing you some of my favourite things that I discovered/rediscovered in July. Some of the items are Beauty, and some are just a little bit random.


Okay. My first favourite is the 'Beauty Balm' by Rimmel. I have tried countless BB creams, and whilst some have been alright, some have been dreadful, and I am so thankful that I have found the perfect one for me. Not only does the shade (light) suit me well, I love the way that it covers blemishes without looking too full on. In England lately the weather has been a lot sunnier that it normally is, and this BB cream has provided great protection from the sun. I didn't have to add any extra sun lotion, I just whacked on some of this (SPF 15) in the morning and it lasted all day, leaving no room for sunburn in my life. Also, I love how it gives a matte finish. One of my pet hates is oily looking, 'shiny' skin, and this beauty balm gives me a matte look, with hardly any need for translucent powder to balance out shine. I would definitely recommend this product, and it lasts a long time as well - I have used it every single day this month and it still isn't even close to running out.
 

My next favourite for this month is the 'BB lips' lip balm by No7. My Mum gave me this because she bought two, and I instantly fell in love with it. Honestly, I'm usually more of a lipstick girl, but I wore this lip balm constantly this month with no regrets. Mine is in the colour 'Blink Pink' and the colour is subtle but gives a girly effect that I really like. The lip balm is so moisturising, and leaves your lips feeling extremely soft. I love lip products that are a cross between a gloss and a balm, but most products that claim to be both moisturising and glossy are usually, in my opinion, not what they say they are. I would totally suggest buying this product!


I am firm believer that we should have 'Bath and Body Works' in the UK, but since we don't, I take every opportunity that I can to get my hands on some of their products. My favourite product that they do is the PocketBac hand sanitizers, and I have many of them sitting in my cupboard. This month I decided to try out 'Caribbean Escape' due to a recommendation from a friend, and oh boy, this scent is SO GOOD. The website (http://www.bathandbodyworks.com) states that the sanitizer is "Lightly scented with crushed raspberries, sweet strawberries and warm musk". This scent is so perfect for summer, and is my go-to hand sanitizer. If you, like me, can't get BABW in your country, Ebay is the best chance you have of getting some of these babies.


 My next favourite is the newest perfume by Taylor Swift, 'Made of Starlight'. I had to get this perfume to add to my collection, and I have to say, it is probably my second favourite of her perfume range - Wonderstruck being my all time favourite. The packaging is absolutely beautiful, and the pattern on the bottle is just flawless. You can purchase the 30ml bottle from The Perfume Shop for £14.99, which is a great deal! I'm no perfume reviewer, so I'll link the description from The Perfume Shop here: http://www.theperfumeshop.com/fcp/product/womens-perfumes/taylor-swift/made%20of%20starlight/1132. All I can say is Taylor, you have most certainly done it again.
 

 My second to last favourite is a bit of a weird one, but I'll tell you what it is none the same. In honour of the world cup being hosted by Brazil, Volvic created a 'Coco Pineapple' flavoured water, which is basically heaven in a bottle. The flavours are obviously coconut and pineapple, which happen to be two of my favourite flavours. This water is limited edition, which makes me incredibly sad, but I plan on getting as many bottles as I can and then stashing them so I have an (almost) life time supply of this water. There have been sightings of me walking around my local supermarket carrying ten bottles of this stuff in my arms. It is just that tasty. Don't believe me? GO BUY SOME.
 
 
My final favourite for this month is Pretty Little Liars. I've been watching this TV show for a while now, and although the second season is shown in the photo, this month I've watched both season 3 and 4. Can I just say, the ending to season 4 blew my mind. So many plot twists. Basically, if you haven't watched this show (where have you been?!) it is about four teenage girls, and their lives following the disappearance of their best friend, Alison. The show begins a couple of years after their friend goes missing, with the four girls nowhere near as close as they used to be. In the first episode the girls reunite, and mysterious, creepy things begin to happen. This show has completely taken over my life, and I think that a very varied audience would enjoy this.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and I would love to know what your favourites for the month of July were.

Emily xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig