Thursday 26 March 2015

The Sky


You painted the sky

And then tore it down before my feet

I woke up next to a stranger

With eyes that I recognised but did not understand

I felt it break and wondered if

Maybe I meant to break it

Weary minds leave shattered paths

And I couldn’t pretend anymore

When I woke up this morning

I forgot

And when I remembered I didn’t feel a thing

Is this what it feels like to be free

Of a former self

A weaker self

Charmed by words that weren’t her own

When I stepped under the morning rain

I stayed a moment too long

To wash it all away

And when I spoke to the boy he made me laugh

Like you hadn’t for a while

Butterflies plagued me

That felt strange

I painted the sky myself

And when I looked up

 I saw the person

I wanted to be
 
I wrote this just over a week ago and forgot to post it, so here you go!
I hope that you had a good day,
Stay beautiful!
Emily xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig