Wednesday 11 March 2015

10 Ways to Make Your Day a Little Sunnier


Some days suck. That's all there is to it, and we all have them. I've had my fair share, warranted or not, and since I'm usually quite a positive person I'd like to think that I combat them pretty well. Here are some tips for combatting a bad day!

1. Cry. Just let it all out. This way seem like a weird way to make yourself feel better, but I promise that sometimes, it may just work.

2. Wear matching/your best underwear. Putting on my favourite underwear always improves my day, a little extra confidence boost never hurt anyone!

3. Online shopping! Nothing solves my issues like a bit of retail therapy, and there's something so calming in scrolling past hundreds of dresses searching for just the right one.

4. Throw yourself into something productive. Last time I felt down I wrote 4000 words of my book in one day - it was tragically magical.

5. Go for a walk. If possible, go for a walk on the beach. I love breathing fresh air, and escaping the confinements of a house, and occasionally all we really need is to escape, even if only for a little while.

6. Drink lots of water. Water is so good and cleansing for your body, and even if you're just spending the day on the sofa with a boxset, drinking cold water will definitely improve your attitude.

7. Turn your phone off. Nothing you see will change how you feel, and its best to just put it down and take a wifi detox, letting yourself wind down and make peace without a constant 'ping'ing in your ear.

8. Start a book, and then finish it. Nothing is classier than a woman with an educated mind, am I right?

9. Make the house feel cosy, don't sit there in the dark and sob over a pack of Kleenex. It won't help, and eventually you'll reach the point where you're feeling sad purely because you're feeling sad, and not for an actual reason.

10. Take advantage of the people in your life. Hug them, pester them until they give you great advice, whatever works for you. And NEVER let a specific person make you feel like you don't deserve to be happy - just because they don't see how special you are, doesn't mean that you aren't amazing (because you are!)

Stay beautiful!
Emily xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig