Sunday 18 December 2016

Glossybox || Mistletoe Kisses

 
I know I've had my doubts with Glossybox in the past, but I have to say that I think that they've nailed it with their box for December 2016. It seems as though they're finally taking notice of customer criticisms, avoiding the same old brands and including more make up products. Every single item I received this month was make up, which is a pretty impressive feature of the box, and one that I'm sure beauty lovers are raving over.
 
The most exciting product within the box is the semi-matte lipstick from MDM Flow in the shade 'Vamp', a gorgeous plum shade. The lipstick retails at £18 and the formula is a perfect balance between a matte finish and a satin feel. Often matte lips can be uncomfortable, so to find a product that combines the look of a matte lip with a formula that is easier to wear is an impressive feat. This month the box could have been themed Sugar or Spice, with these vampy shades making up the 'spice' section. The element of choice is a nice touch to the box, considering a bold plum shade may not be for everyone.
 
 
The second product that jumps out at you is the 'Light up your face' Luminizer palette from Essence, which only sells at £3, something you wouldn't guess when swatching the highlight shades. Even though its lovely to receive luxury items in Glossybox, getting cheaper options that you will actually make use of is just as exciting, especially since its affordable to then purchase other items from the brand. This is the same with the Collection Eyebrow powder, which thankfully came in the exact dark brunette shade that I need for my eyebrows. I can't wait to try this as I tend to stick to NYX Tame and Frame way too often; and this little gem is only £4.19.
 
 
One thing my Mum was happy to see included was Lipcote, the classic lipstick topper to keep that bold Christmas lip in place. This brand was one that my Mum used when she was my age, so I'm definitely intrigued to see what I think of this £3.99 cult favourite, and hopefully make it a generational product in our make up bags.
 
Last, we received a Revlon Nail Enamel (£6.49) in the shade 'Valentine', which is a beautiful deep red to match the MDM lipstick and conclude the ideal winter look. Although I probably won't get a lot of use from this since I've started having acrylic nails, I can appreciate what a good finale to the box this nail polish makes, considering the high reputation of the brand. It's always a thrill to see your favourite drugstore brands appear in the box, when it might be something you've passed by in Boots and wanted to try out for a while. 10/10 to the Glossy Christmas special - my favourite box by far!
 
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig