Sunday 12 April 2015

Birthday Celebrations

Hola!
It's so weird to think that a whole year has passed since my 16th birthday, and even though a lot of things have changed since then (including me) I feel like I've learnt so many valuable lessons, and experienced things that I wouldn't have predicted a year ago. Despite the fact that my birthday falls on the brink of spring, every year without fail the sun shines, which makes the day even more special. This year wasn't anything extravagant, just a cute little coffee date in the morning, lunch and shopping with my Mum, and then dinner out with my best friends. Even though I'm going to show you some of my gifts below, I truly feel like the best part of the day was getting to spend it with all my favourite people - although obviously I'm so grateful for everything I got!

 
Okay, so firstly I received the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, which I've wanted forever. I love the glittery shades in the Naked 1 palette, but some days just call for a matte eye look. I also got a beautiful floral necklace which I love so very much, and a Yankee Candle in the scent 'Marshmallow Chicks'.
 
 
My little sister got me 'Love Rosie' on DVD, which I went to see in the cinema a few months back and couldn't wait to watch again - Lily Collins and Sam Claflin, do I need to say more? Bookswise, I got 'It' by Alexa Chung and 'How to Be Parisian' which everyone seems to be talking about, but my Mum just picked out because she knows how I adore Paris (Thanks Mum!)
 
 
This black backpack from River Island is so gorgeous I'm tearing up slightly. I wanted a plain-ish backpack that would go with a lot of my outfits, and I think my parents did a pretty good job picking the right one! The gold detailing works well with the black, and the bag fits a lot in, which is what I wanted. Aside from these gifts I just got other little bits, money, and gift cards for New Look, Urban Outfitters, and MAC.
What's your favourite thing about birthdays?
Stay beautiful!
Emily xoxo 

 
 
 
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig